Friday, March 21, 2014

Follains no need to knead brown bread



From time to time I am given the opportunity to try out recipes and share my thoughts on them. And If it's something that tickles my fancy I'm up to the challenge...

Last week I received this fab recipe for Follains preserves  brown bread. The emphasis on this recipe is there is very little elbow grease required when making this bread, and let's be honest that's music to everyone's ears.

For this recipe you will need:
225g wheat flour
225g white flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of oil
235ml of buttermilk

Start by preheating your oven to 190". Then in a large bowl add in all the dry ingredients and mix together with a whisk.

Next pour in your oil and buttermilk and with your hand combine lightly until your dough has gathered into a sticky ball. 

Pour your mixture into your lined loaf tin, score it with a knife and bake for 45 minutes.

I found this recipe ridiculously easy to follow, super quick with maximum gratification at the end.

Enjoy
Rebecca x



No comments:

Post a Comment


© Num Num Cupcakes. Powered by