Thursday, March 6, 2014

Easy peasy lemon curd

I needed luscious lemon curd a few weeks ago for a tart I was making so instead of buying a jar of the sunny stuff I said I'd be dedicated to the cause and make some myself and I was actually shocked at how easy and also how amazing it tasted lol

My sister from another mister laura who's also my blogging buddy on our sister blog has always had a mad obsession with it I still have visions of her sitting at her counter at home eating from the jar with a wee spoon....

For this recipe you will need

5 egg whites
2 whole eggs
130ml of lemon juice
130g of golden caster sugar
70g of cold diced butter
1 zest of a large lemon

Start by popping a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water and then gently whisk all the eggs together in the bowl. Next pour in the sugar, juice and zest of the lemon and continue to whisk for around 5 minutes.

After 5 minutes take the bowl off the heat and bit by bit add in the butter. Keep stirring until all the butter has melter. 

Have a little feel of the mixture with your fingers and if it feels silky and not grainy then it's perfect to pour into your jar and gobble up however you please :)

Enjoy
Rebecca x

No comments:

Post a Comment


© Num Num Cupcakes. Powered by