Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Raspberry and lemon frangipani tart

What is it about a slice of tart that washes all your cares away...this weekend was my wee ones christening and I baked up a storm for it.

One of the tarts I made was this raspberry tart I had been researching this recipe for a while on the google box and for a lot of the recipes I looked at the quantities just didn't add up, so I ditched them and decided to do what I should have done from the start and go old school on it...work it out myself.

For this recipe you will need:

Pastry crust:
175g flour
25g icing sugar
100g cold butter
1 egg yolk
1 tbl water

Like in my previous blogs combine your pastry crust by hand, roll it out nice and thin, carefully pop it in your flan tin. Blind bake @190' for 10mins remove the foil and bake for a further 8mins.

While that's in the oven get cracking on your frangipani batter, for this you will need:
250g butter/stork
250g sugar
4 eggs
200g ground almonds
Zest 1 lemon
2 punnets of raspberries

Firstly melt your butter, then add the sugar and beaten eggs and combine until pale in colour. Next add the zest of 1 lemon and then your ground almonds, mix well.

Gently dollop out your frangipani mixture onto your pastry crust and spread out evenly making sure it doesn't go over the edges.

Now the fun part ,decorate your tart with your raspberries however you choose I went for the nerdy look and did circles and more circles. Don't press them down as they will sink in themselves.

Pop your tart in the oven @180' for 35-45mins

This is such a moist yummy cake and is perfect for breakfast lunch and dinner lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment


© Num Num Cupcakes. Powered by