Monday, October 8, 2012

Martha Stewart's New York cheese cake



So here's another tried and tested recipe from the cooking genius herself Martha Stewart. I think when it comes to her recipes if you follow them exactly your in for a winner.

So I decided I would try something more technical this time, now I know when you hear cheesecake your probably thinking that's not very technical but this cheese cake is super big in size and instead of popping it in the fridge you bake it. So here we go you are going to start off with the yummy biscuit base. What you will need:

12 digestive biscuits
2tbl sugar
6tbl butter melted
Pinch of salt

Firstly crush up the biscuits nice and fine in a bowl sprinkle in the sugar and salt before pouring in the butter. With your wooden spoon combine it all really well.

Next get your 11" spring form deep cake pan which you have lined with grease proof paper and pat the biscuit mixture evenly on the bottom.

Pop in the fridge for 10 mins to set, then pop it in the oven @ 160' for 15 mins

While that is setting/ baking lets get on with the creamy cheesecake mixture. For this you will need:

56oz of cream cheese(room temp)
1/2 cup flour
2 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
5eggs

Firstly make sure your cream cheese is at room temp, you get a much smoother consistency when it's not cold

In your mixing bowl pop in all the cream cheese and give it a good stir, next add your sieved flour, sugar and sour cream to the mixture and combine well

In a separate glass/bowl whisk your eggs and vanilla together i do this so the flavours are evenly combined and distributed through out your cakes. Add to mixture and stir.

I like to have the cake tin out and cooled slightly before I pour in the mixture. Also what I like to do is spray the sides of the pan with a baking spray so with any cakes the mixture won't stick to the side.

Next place out two large sheet of tin foil on your counter and sit the tin in the middle, bring the foil up the sides and higher than the top. Now what you are meant to do next is sit your tin in a large roasting tray and surround with hot water but little old me didn't have a whopper roasting tin that would fit an 11" pan, so been a mini mc guyver that I am I popped the roasting tray with hot water at the bottom of the oven so steam would still dance around the oven!!!

Bake for 45 mins @ 160' then reduce to 150' for a further 30 mins. Turn off your oven when this is all done and let cool in there for an hour...

This cheesecake was out of this world I served it at my wee ones christening and I was raging because it was gone in a flash not one slice left for me with my tea the next day ha ha good complaint I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment


© Num Num Cupcakes. Powered by