Sunday, August 4, 2013

My orange cake with fresh Raspberries

Well if you liked my last blog about my orange + poppy seed cake you are going to love this other version of that cake. It is still the amazing mouth watering orange cake but with juicy fresh raspberries instead of the dinky wee poppy seeds

For this recipe you will need:
2 cups of butter
2 cups of sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup of orange zest
Juice of 1 1/2 oranges
3 cups of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon
3/4 cup of buttermilk 
125 g of raspberries


Firstly cream your butter + sugar until pale in colour, next add in your 4 eggs one at a time what I actually like to do is beat the eggs together in a separate bowl + add that to the mixture I find its less likely for the eggs to split.

Once their all combined add the juice + zest of your oranges well. In a separate bowl sift together all your dry ingredients + by hand fold it in to your wet mixture along with the buttermilk .

Grease and flour your two loaf tins and pour in your cake mixture mankins sure their even. Lastly pop in your raspberries evenly throughout the cake mixture pushing them down slightly.

Pop in the oven for 45mins @ 160'

Once out I also drizzled these cakes with an orange simple syrup. Then when cooked I drizzled over an oozy orange drizzled which I included crushed fresh raspberries so the drizzle would take on the crazy pink colour...

An absolutely gorgeous cake to serve for any occasion

Enjoy
Rwbecca





No comments:

Post a Comment


© Num Num Cupcakes. Powered by