Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A speedy gluten free berry crumble

Two weeks ago I found myself in a dilly of a pickle {ha} I was popping into see the girls Nanny Jo and grandad but I had nothing sweet to bring with me. I like to bring in baked goodies from time to time, gotta keep them sweet...

Luckily for me I hord sweet ingredients in my freezer like berries, sometimes if I see a great offer on blueberries or blackberries in the shop il buy them and pop them in the freezer for such an occasion.

For this recipe you will need.

Crumble:
100g Ground almond
100g Ground oats
100g Butter
100g Light brown sugar 


Filling:
1 cup Blueberries 
1 cup Blackberries
1 cup Raspberries
1 grated apple

First pre heat your oven to 220'c. Next in a large bowl add your ground almond and oats, sugar then lastly your cold butter. 

With your fingers rub the butter into the dry ingredients, this will take a few minutes.

Once your crumble topping is ready put all your berries and grated apple into your oven proof dish I used an enamel dish but something like a pirex dish is perfect.

The crumble topping will have the consistsancy of a paste so dollop on the crumble with with your fingers or a spoon. 

I topped mine off with some flaked almonds and hazelnuts.

Bake your  berry crumble for 20 minutes at this point the topping should be a golden colour and the juice from the berries should be bubbling through it..

We gobbled this down with a generous dollop of custard...deelish 

Enjoy
Rebecca x

No comments:

Post a Comment


© Num Num Cupcakes. Powered by