Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Martha's blueberry muffins

When you think of Martha Stewart you automatically think she's the queen bee of cooking and baking, so when I came across this recipe for "Martha's blueberries muffins" I flew down to the shop and bought up every blueberry they had(two meesily punnets)





I made the crumb topping first so as to have it on hand to sprinkle on my muffins before I pop them in the oven...you will need the following...
3 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
(I reduced the measurements of the orignal crumb topping as I found it made way to much)
Mix the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl and in another bowl melt the butter briefly so it's softened but not gone completely runny. Pour your butter into the dry mixture and combine to make a crumbly texture, pop it to the side.
Next comes the muffin mix you will need the following...
1tablespoon of fresh baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups and 2 tablespoons of plain flour
6 tablespoons of butter/stork
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1 egg and 2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon of good quality vanilla
1 cup of milk
2 cups of washed blueberries







So I combined all the dry ingredients together by putting it through a sieve, in the mixer I creamed the butter/stork and sugar together until it was light in colour. Next I added the egg to combine it before adding the two egg yolks once I was happy with the texture I poured in the vanilla. So the next part of all batters I like to do in stages as I find it keeps the mixture quite light, pop half the dry mixture in the bowl and mix slowly before adding 1/2 the cup of milk then I repeat with the dry mixture and the wet. Turn off your machine and give it a good scrape around the edge to ensure flour is all combined, once your a happy camper pop the blueberries in and gently fold them in to the batter so as not to burst them all.
Pop them in their muffin cases 3/4 of the way full then sprinkle the crumble on top...
Have your oven preheated to 170'c and your timer on 30 minutes, stick em in and enjoy warm (beware of bursting hot blueberries lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment


© Num Num Cupcakes. Powered by